Tuesday 28 October 2014

5 things I've learnt about blogging



Not everyone will get it - Blogging is something that bloggers love and non-bloggers just don't understand. I know the odd person who reads them and doesn't have their own, but on the most part people just don't understand why writing about products is a thing and think it's just superficial BS. I remember when some of my school friends found out about my blog and thought it was kind of weird. I didn't really care as I know that within the blogging community it's a very positive thing to do and I enjoy it so who really cares what people think? After realising I couldn't give a two hoots about peoples opinions, I decided to put it on my twitter bio. I suggest to all you bloggers who keep it from your school friends or whatever, don't. Let people know about your blog, it's nothing to be ashamed of! Put your link on your social media accounts as it gets you more followers and will make you it enjoy it even more, which brings me on to my next point....


Social media is the best way to network and chat to other bloggers - Getting involved in the #bbloggers , #fbloggers and #lbloggers twitter chats really help you meet new bloggers and raises awareness of your own. You never know, you might make new friends which you could attend blogging events with! Being on sites like Instagram & Pinterest are also a really good idea!

It's okay to take a break - This is very personal towards me at the moment as I haven't written a post for over 2 weeks. I kind of lost my blogging mojo and to be honest, just didn't have time! I've been back at uni for 5 weeks now but with freshers, starting all my modules, joining the gym and joining new societies and sports; I just haven't had time for it. I also felt like if I didn't have anything to blog about, then what's the point? Again, bringing me on to my next point...

Blog what you're passionate about - It's obvious when someone does a review for the sake of it. If you're only blogging about a product you've been sent because you feel like you have to, then I think it really shows. I'm not saying don't blog about products you get sent because if you get sent something and you absolutely love it, then that's brilliant - go tell the world! If you don't have any products you want to review and don't really know what to blog about, then don't. Posts may appear un-exciting and boring and you don't want them to take away the reputation of your blog being exciting when you've worked so hard on your other posts. If you only have one post in mind for the next week, just focus on that one post! I tried to blog every other day during the summer and it became very fun but after a month or so, I just couldn't keep thinking of ideas and didn't want to carry on with it! And I say, that's fine.

It's okay for your blog to be small - My blog isn't the biggest blog and as much as I am an ambitious individual, I'm aware I'm never going to be the next Zoella or Vivianna Does Makeup. I'm not saying don't aim high, but if your blog isn't really growing very fast and you're putting all your effort into it, that's okay! If you started your blog as a hobby, then it shouldn't be a problem if you're not getting thousands of pounds through ads.


They are the main 5 things I've learnt since I've started blogging - I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if you agree what you've learnt through blogging, I'd love to know!

     TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I would agree with all these points so much, especially number 1!! Not everyone will get it (and more likely then not people wont get it!!!)

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo
    enter my Christmas giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more, i also find myself taking breaks and then getting a random urge to blog again! I always feel so guilty haha x
    jennifers journal ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I always feel guilty especially as I'm trying to grow my blog haha! x

      Delete
  3. I really love your picture editing and template, which ones do you use? Would love it if you could check out my latest blogger tips post and perhaps on there or my email?
    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I use PicMonkey to edit my pictures and created my template myself! x

      Delete
  4. I couldn't agree more! Blogging should always be a hobby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post - Its true about people not understanding why you do it - luckily I have had some great feedback from friends and family but they'll always be one person who says 'ohh...why do you do that?'

    Love your blog

    LondonBeautyxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's good! My parents just kind of accept it and don't really know what it's about and my boyfriend is actually supportive so it's all good! Thankyou! x

      Delete
  6. Aww this is such a lovely post and it's true there's so many people who don't 'get' what you do when you're a blogger but I have a supportive family and lovely readers and friends who support me so I'm happy with that! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    www.youtube.com/user/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean! Know one understands blogging haha!
    xx beautyybychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig