Sunday 17 April 2016

Creamy Mushroom Rostis | Vegan, Plant Based, Healthy

Recently I have been experimenting with food a lot since I am moving more towards a plant based diet. This means I have become much more creative with recipes, creating tasty yet nutritional dishes. I saw these rosti's on Jess's Youtube Channel (Link) and her 'What I eat in a day' videos are plant based/vegan and amazing. I have an obsession with mushrooms so I decided to make some vegan creamy mushrooms by using soya cream. Note: the pictures in the post are not the best quality but the lighting in my uni kitchen is very hard to get right. Despite this, I wanted to get this recipe across!



Ingredients
2 Potatoes
1 Onion
Grated carrot
1 Courgette
Any herbs/spices you would like

A handful of Mushrooms
Soya cream
Garlic

Method
Firstly, grate all the vegetables. I would use a food processor however I do not have one so the grating/thinly slicing of vegetables took some time!

Secondly, mould all the veggies together - you may need to use some flour to do this. Add the herbs and spices of your choice.

Heat some oil up in a pan and fry some of the rosti mixture on each side for about 5 minutes.

Put into the oven to keep warm and set a bit more whilst you fry the other rosti's.

For the creamy mushroom sauce: 
Slice the mushrooms and fry in the pan for about 5 minutes and add the garlic in about half way through. Then add the soya cream and simmer to mix the flavours together for a few more minutes.

Serve and enjoy!







I hope you like this recipe! You can adjust things to how you'd like them but its a very tasty plant based recipe and all those veggies mixed with herbs and spices make for a flavourous lunch.

If you want more tasty plant based recipes, let me know as I am always experimenting as I have an amazing recipe book and watch lot of YouTube videos!

LOTS OF LOVE,
     TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© wellnessalice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig